Monday, December 1, 2008

ANOTHER ELECTION DAY

We’re gonna try something bright shiny & new on Redux this year. With the year 2008 drawing to a close, a certain amount of reflection is inevitable. Since this was an eventful election year, a certain amount of idiocy was inevitable as well.

But surely there was one idiot, one lunatic, one utter & complete whopping drooling moron, who made the year as stupid as humanly possible. Surely someone symbolized everything you think is wrong with the world and the humans who inhabit it. Below I have created a list of people whose various behaviors and words in some way added to the overall dumbing down of the United States and possibly the rest of the world.

Frankly, I found there were too many prime examples to narrow it down to one on my own and that’s where you come in. I need you to vote in the first and what may turn out to be the last edition of:

SCRIBE’S DOUCHE OF THE YEAR COMPETITION!!!

Here’s how it works. You will hopefully vote for your douche. Once all the votes are in, I will see who is the “winner” and write an entire post on that person with a brief portion devoted to my choice if he or she is different from the winner.

The list seeps out below:

Rush Limbaugh- Mr. “The election wasn’t a landslide” started in with the Obama recession talk within days of his victory. The man who once told "liberals" to shut up until they actually won an election isn't heeding his own advice.


Hillary Clinton- Denial is a river... in her mind. The writing was on the wall for months yet she continued to run a smear campaign against the only viable Democratic candidate until she couldn’t anymore. Now she gets the third spot from president.


Sara Palin- Completely out of her element, we might have felt sorry for the Alaskan governor if she hadn’t been such a negative, hostile, smarmy bitch. She also set women back about forty years and embraced scary pentecostal beliefs.


John McCain- From referring to Obama as “that one” to openly stating he wanted his wife Cindy to enter a beauty pageant run by bikers whose contestants go topless and even bottomless if there’s a tie, this was not McCain’s year. By allowing others to dictate his actions, he showed himself to be much less of a maverick than he would have us believe.


Bill O’Reilley- He would be a douch in year’s contest and will probably show up in future installments.


Ludacris- As if hip hop didn’t have a bad and stupid enough image, this idiot had to go and write an inflammatory song about McCain in favor of Obama. And instead of admitting he was childish and went too far when the Obama camp criticized the approach, he decided to start talking shitt Obama! Crabs in a barrel…


Michael Savage- No one embodies sheer lunacy like this Goodfellas-sounding madman. He screams and spits into his radio MIC nightly about evil liberals plotting to overthrow a government he’s not even welcome in. His latest craziness was to refer to Obama as the nation’s first affirmative action president despite the president-elect having earned his degrees on his own and, reportedly, never included his race on his applications.


Rev Wright- Not everything Wright says is wrong, but the way he says makes him seem like an inconsiderate prick. Like most protestant ministers who get into politicking, he doesn’t know when to shut up even as the things he complained about are being fixed. and now he has a sex scandal.


Pastor Ted Hagle- Why does delicious irony always come with a tragic price tag? When I first saw this arrogant twit, it was in the film “Jesus Camp.” He was condescending, judgmental and smarmy…everything we non-Bible thumpers view as the standard traits of non-denominational fanatics. Now that we know the secrets he was hiding we should be able to laugh, but unfortunately somebody else had to suffer as well; his followers.


John Edwards- Maybe I should create a Gary Hart hall of Fame award too. Yet another handsome, promising senator ruins his career over a piece of ass.

So there you are, the nominees for Douche of the year. Vote now and vote often. Poles close Friday so they can go back to Poland~

18 comments:

K~ said...

My Dearest this was a hard hard choice...but here are the the three who I think should not only win but become lifetime members!!!!
Michael Savage
Rush Limbaugh
Bill O’Reilley
Also adding Sean Hannity to your list.

scribe said...

I can't take Hannity seriously enough to put on the list.

But you must choose one...ONE, I SAY!!!

American Guy said...

I gotta go with Sarah

Though we all owe her a debt of gratitude for being too stupid for even republicans to support.

Anonymous said...

This just in to the Douche Bag newtsroom:
Doctor/Pastor Rick Warren will present President George W. Bush with the first “International Medal of PEACE” from the Global PEACE Coalition in recognition of his unprecedented contribution to the fight against HIV/AIDS and other diseases.

blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2008/11/warren_to_award_1.html

But ifn you wants to go with the more mainstream tapioca, I'd foller that Newt Gingrich to the gates of hell. Then I'd pee on his feets to offer him comforts.

K~ said...

My Dearest? I'm torn between Savage and Limpy. But Savage deserves it more...
BTW did you hear karma caught up with Ann "Needs To Shut Up" Cultor(sp) broke her jaw after falling down a flight of stairs? Karma...can be a bitch sometimes.

DaBich said...

Palin, hands down. Gives all women a bad name!

scribe said...

I'm sensing a trend.

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

I have to say John McCain is douche of the year ;)
Poles lol!!

c nadeau said...

Pastor ted's last name is wrong, dammit.

Anonymous said...

My vote is for McCain. This douche bag wasn't even born in the United States. Lets face it, that douche bag wasn't even gonna be around in 2013 which was when he decided was the year to pull out of Iraq. Not only is he a douche bag, he probably has a rectal bag as well. He is older than dirt and has more scars than Frankenstein. Oh wait, thats what HE said....

Anonymous said...

HE did not say that!

And they're all so well douched, they're squeaky clean.

badump bump

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

I'd give Bush the award for douch nozzle of the decade...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

I'm going to have to buck the trend here and go with Rush Limbaugh, who's always been one of them 'bags.

Palin & McCain are just two way too easy targets.

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

Green, McCain earned it, that large tub of gelatinous Limbaugh just does the same schtick every year, he's not even shocking anymore...

McCain trumps Palin because he let her on to the national scene, she would still be an anonymous Alaskan hick if it weren't for McCain!!

John Edwards is handsome and I miss seeing his cutie face on tv from time to time....why John why!!!!

Tim said...

pris: perhaps McCain did earn it. However, I like to go against the grain whenever possible.

Maybe scribe could invent some type of 'baggy Lifetime Achievement Award for the Rush-meister.

Constant said...

Hmm. This IS mighty tough. I'll vote for Palin though due to those interviews. She doesn't get any empathy from me!

lccb81 said...

Palin.