Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SCRIBE GIVES THANKS

Although I'm still sick and miserable and barely able to stand for long periods of time, I feel compelled to list the things for which I am grateful this year. Yes, Thanksgiving is a farce of monolithic proportions fostering lies and half-truths about the evil Pilgrims and their eventual decimation of their so-called "friends." But I already went into that little fireside chat item last year.

This year I have forced myself to have a more positive outlook. At least, more positive for me. So below I have listed what I am thankful for:

- The outcome of the presidential race.
- The fact that I got to see my novel and hold it in my hands.
- That I am still employed in the state with the worst economy in the U.S.
- The fact that I got to find out who my real friends are this year.
- The fact that gas prices have gone down to the point where 20.00 actually comes close to filling my tank.
- The fact that there are people out there who actually enjoy this blog and provide feedback to prove it.
- That my writing workshop continues to meet even after the untimely death of its founder and the later death of her husband.
- The fact that I will soon watch George Dubya & Darth Cheney leave the White House and possibly walk into the court house.
- That DNA determined I would be hung like a Clydesdale.

That last is perhaps the greatest gift of all.

Happy Thanksgiving~