Friday, November 7, 2008

SCRIBE DRAWS A LINE IN THE SANDBOX!!!

I deleted my first Myspace “friend” the other day.

I’m not in the habit of doing that, but what I saw and read disgusted me far too much to want anything to do with this person. As my former boy-toy Dutchmaster Zero pointed out recently, my blog has gone all political and stuff. Kinda couldn’t help it, what with a vital PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION going on. As with all things in my life, relationships, half-finished novels, illegitimate Guatemalan babies, this too shall pass from the blog world until it becomes an occasional topic of discussion.

In the meantime, one thing I will not deal with is a mindless, southern conservative. I admit that’s kind of a redundancy, but bear with me. This person used to work for the same company as me but in a different state. She and I hit it off via email after having to contact each other regarding a customer we both dealt with. She seemed to enjoy my iconoclastic sense of humor and I…well, she was somebody to talk to.

She was also married and claiming to be miserable due to a lack of attention. Scribe’s not into the whole unhappy wife thing but she seemed nice. I continued to reply to her emails even after she quit and moved to another state. We even spoke on the phone once. ONCE. I could tell something was off there and immediately lost interest in knowing this person. Besides, it was obvious she was just in some stage of resentment in her marriage and in no way looking to leave the poor schmuck.

She found me on Myspace months later and sent me a friend request. I accepted but, to be honest, I don’t pay much attention to Myspace; I only signed up because my publisher wanted me to. I post blogs there from time to time, mostly stuff that has been posted here previously. Hardly anyone comments because that site is designed for self-indulgent, superficial meat marketers and bored soccer moms more in love with their next picture post than in ideas.

Out of boredom, I logged onto the site and decided to take a look at her page. It was well done as far as background and moving graphics. Lots of pinks and hearts and other stuff that did not at all match her photo. On the right side of the screen, I noticed a blog entry entitled, “Is This Really America?”

My instincts screamed at me not to open that blog post. Even Fate stepped in and made its presence known by making it more difficult than usual to pull up the page. I was immediately disgusted by what I saw.

Employing a writing style that made it seem as if she was the last person on Earth unaware of a potential Obama/Biden victory, she asked high school civics level questions like, “Did we really just pass over a war hero?” No, bitch, we did that four years ago when the neo-cons smeared a war hero’s record in favor of a draft dodging cokehead. Please go on…

She also asked if we had really elected a guy who knows nothing about running a country, insisting that this is not America. That’s interesting. I was always taught that America isn’t about voting for the old war vet with years of experience taking special interest money in Washington, D.C. I was raised on the idea that this country is the one that gives opportunity to the little guy willing to prove himself despite all odds.

The dimwit went on to say that she was so “shocked” that Barrack Obama was the president-elect (she must only watch Fox “News”) that she and her husband, who she claims to “Adore” in her profile, sat on the edge of their bed and held hands and cried like freshly broken in virgins. That last part was mine…

Really? You cried? After eight years of Bush/Cheney, i.e. the Emperor/Vader, you cried? I wouldn’t have cried if McCain got in and I thought he was all wrong! I didn’t even fucking cry when Kerry lost in 2004! And at that point I was convinced my fellow Amuricans had gone insane!

But the best was yet to come, my friennnndddsssshhhh. At some point, according to this MENSA-ite, her husband turned to her and said they’d better get ready to protect themselves. This entailed buying guns before they become illegal because that’s on the top of Obama’s list, followed distantly by less important issues like the economy and two wars.

Now, what the fuck could this mean? What will they be defending themselves against, exactly? And, more importantly, from whom will they be defending their vast wealth and holdings? Do I even need to use the word uprising for you to know what she meant? As I stated earlier, I could tell something was off and now I know what it was; she was holding back her true right wing self. Her true bigoted right wing self.

Of course she mentioned “her” God and how she would pray to him for the country’s safety while the man who ain’t no war vet takes office. We could’ve used her prayers in 2000but I suppose that was fine by her.

Some jackaninny commented on her blog by stating how the guns would be taken away from them even if they bought them now. It was as if I’d time traveled to 1994 and the anti-Clinton militia types were in full bloom. You needn’t worry, neo-cons. Nobody’s gonna take away your precious penises. Just don’t expect us to find it cool to shoot moose from a chopper like some demented assassin.

Her commenter also jumped on the Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh bandwagon by claiming Obama isn’t a native born American. I’m not joking. This guy implied the same thing by saying Obama’s birth records are “sealed.” (Quotation marks his, not mine)

I deleted her immediately after reading that entry. I don’t normally do that but I’ve had it with stupidity and, since we can’t sign over the south to some other country, I have to do what I can.

Who’s next?

12 comments:

K~ said...

As Sexy as I can Say It...My Dearest Scribe? Wash those psychos out of your hair LOL'n.

Oh how I wish people would stop watching FOX NEWS as their main source of "news"....but you can lead a horse you water...but you can't knock any common sense into the hell bent wacky "right".

Ahhhhhhhhhh....good on you to delete that one :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to invite her and her friends to send funds to my p.o. box so I can finish building my fire retardant compound and stock up on automatic weapons, and armor piercing ammo. We might need a couple tanks, RPG launchers, some generators, an indoor well, cans of Vienna Sausage, and potted meet.

Oh, beer and toilet paper too!

Email me her page address. We'll have fun, and make lots of money.

Then donate half to the NAACP. Maybe get some wild country-fried nooky too.

scribe said...

I'm waiting until all comments are in before replying...

scribe said...

I really need to know what Panera Bread has to do with this LOL

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

They provide wi-fi services that apparantly time out right after you've written a long comment so it can't post-gee thanks Panera!

scribe said...

pris,

That is one evil bread place.

dutch-ass,

"Just like" who exactly? Poorly spoken hicks who love guns?

dutch said...

Well, yea. He had a birthday party for his brother in law the other week and the brother in law brought his skeet shooter along and they shot guns all night until one of the neighbors called the cops. He was proud because the ground was covered in spent shells.

Yay Texas!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good move. I'm thinking that, in various strategic points in the USA, along with fluoride, some devious critters have introduced stupid-crazy into the water supply. I'm still choking on the 47% vote for the McCain-Palin ticket; I thought the margin for victory was going to be a lot wider than that. Despite the Palin handicap, the reek of Bush still on him, the fact that the man crashed 5 planes, the numerous blatant lies, baseless attacks, and just general flip-flopping and fear mongering - 47%. I've really been scratching my head about that one.

Also quite fascinated to see what happens about the gun issue on a long-term basis. Things have to tighten up there for the general safety of people, but a number of the people who are most at risk from a gun fatality are going to chuck a royal hissy-fit when it does.

scribe said...

dutch,

That's so tragically hilarous.

althea,

IN this country, there are people who are so afraid of a "black uprising" and takeover (how this would work with blacks only making up roughly 13% of the population I dunno) that they will always vote against any candidate with ties to minorities or who is aminority his or herself.

scribe said...

13 is bad luck!!! better post!!! whew!

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

I wouldn't mind a black uprising for two reasons-one, blacks and mexicans get along rather well so would be in and two this country would be so much more cooler ;) and I shit u not the word verification is "muffacca"