Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A RANT THAT CAN ONLY BE FOUND HERE.

The main thing I’m going to miss about this blog is the freedom it provides for me to post things like this. Nowhere else do I feel relatively safe to do this without fear of reprisal. American Guy once asked why someone would want to continue posting under a pseudonym instead of under their own name on sites like Facebook…well, this is why.

A few years ago when blogging was still the big deal, there was an unnamed attorney whose no comments enabled blog was used to just rail against his wife. God, did he despise her. She seemed to be everything he found reprehensible, shallow, whiney, demanding and never satisfied. It was a blog of note for quite some time, and I always found it amusing that an ATTORNEY had the temerity to take a position of moral superiority.

One female blogger used hers as a way of lamenting her horrible relationship and her lack of willingness to change it. She didn’t last long, however, so I’ve often wondered if she got caught writing it or jut gave up. She seemed awfully depressed, so I’ve also wondered if she opted for a self-imposed final solution.

I remember a blogging couple (how I loathe those) of neo-cons who happened upon my blog one lovely day and decided to firebomb me with thinly veiled insults such as, “Organzied Chaos is right!” When I clicked onto their blog to respond to one of their diatribes, there was no way to do it because they had disabled comments. Cowards.

My favorite blogger was a teenager named “Bush-Cheney is not the Devil.” He would post sound clips from Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage and then spend way too much time basically transcribing them as if it was his opinion and not theirs. That kid got a lot of responses, most of them pretty middle of the road, until I blew in.

Then there was “Niggaface,” a hilarious young man whose journey of self-discovery seemed to be taking place on his blog. He was an extremely gifted writer but unfortunately I lost the link to his blog when I changed mine around.

My second favorite blogger was some guy called “Minister Scribe.” What a nut. He presented himself as some kind of non-religious religious leader with all this made-up insanity about…hmmm? Oh, right. Never mind that part.

Most recently, I came to enjoy the insane ravings of a woman who claims to be a reformed lesbian whose anti-gay posts are truly something to behold. She rails against liberals and those that don’t believe in God by judging, employing hate tactics and basically encouraging violence against the people that symbolize her own conflicted nature.

Over the years, I accumulated quite a readership. Who knows how large it might be now if not for the fact that I had to delete my original blog and restart it in order to avoid prying eyes? There’s no way to know. I don’t think it matters anymore. Facebook hath spoken and, according to the letter its too-cool creator sent out the other day, it is now 350 million strong. From cult to religion in just a few years.

But I don’t care how immediate or user friendly Facebook is, it will never be the same. It forces people to use their own names, it encourages locating people from one’s past, and writing beyond the occasional snippet has nothing to do with it. Not to mention the simple fact that I can’t write the following rant there for obvious reasons:


(Former) EFB's mother is such an unbelievable racist! She is repulsed by the way several of her daughter's former friends in the old money town of Grosse Pointe turned out. Many of them ran didn't walk away from that place and moved to other parts of the country where they apparently became liberals. LIIIiiiiberalllllsssss!!!!

One such silver spoon child turned out to have a gay brother, bad enough in her mom's eyes, but imagIne her revulsion when she learned he married...A BLACK MAN!! AAAHHhhhhhhh!

That's right, there are photOs all over her Facebook page of her brother-in-law and he just couldn't be blacker. There are also photos of her children taking part in the wedding. Now, if her mom was a consistent conservative, her true outrage would concern the children, O the dear, sweet children...WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?

Instead, she's more morally outraged by the fact that he's black. As if being a homosexual isn't "bad" enough these days, its the blatant immorality of choosing a black man as his life-partner that sends her Austrian blood to boiling.

Y'know, every time I start feeling sorry for her because of thehorrible way she treated by her ex-husband or the fact that she's all alone due to her second husband's sudden death, I am informed of something like this and I realize how evil and unlikable she really is.

Yeah...that one ain't gonna show up on facebook~

6 comments:

American Guy said...

well, i'm glad to have turned you onto the last blogger you mentioned. god, she's a nut job. Every now and again i wonder if she's a deep cover parodist, but then she gets all ernest.

And yeah, i totally get the beauty of writing things for a different audience that you'd never do under your own name. Yes, i don't imagine that you could have written this post as yourself.

Blanche said...

4 Questions:


Hasn't the former EFB ever asked you where all your FB friends came from? I take it she doesn't know this blog exists? Also, you being a man of color, does her mother resent you as well? How does the former EFB handle that?

p.s. I miss this blog

K~ said...

My take on EFB is that the fantasy world..she invisions..will somehow be dragged out of my dearest Scribe. Good luck with that...

While I haven't be around blogger much...and still exploring this thing called Facebook...I do make it a point to let my dearest know I'm alive.

And my dearest Scribe your blog was a needed distration from a boring lecture just couldn't post from my phone...

scribe said...

AG,

Yeah, she frightens and amuses me in equal measure.

Blanche,

Yes, she has and I told her you guys read my blog. Her mother doesn't see me as a "man of color" since I have white skin and blue eyes, so it is easy for her to forget what i really am until it's brought up. This blog misses you, too.


Kay,

Always glad to distract.

Tim said...

That's the scribe we're used to reading!

Definitely not facebook material, this.

scribe said...

Yeah well stay tuned for Rant the Next!