Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009, don't let the door hit you on the ass!!!

Well, it's official. 2009 has been just about the worst year of my life. It's been so fucked up, in fact, that I have had no small measure of difficulty writing about most of it. Some of it was embarrassing or downright humiliating, some of it was just plain fucked up. But even worse, my dream kinda sorta came true in the midst of everything else, thereby insuring that I couldn't enjoy it for more than a brief moment.

My real-life friend and fellow off-and-on blogger K just posted a simliar blog entry where she provided some highlights and lowlights of her year in review. I have decided to do the same, except I'll only focus on my own life rather than the larger picture because I'm just that important.

(The very few) Highlights:

My novel was published.
I was employed.
Some people purchased copies of my novel.



The Many Lowlights:

I was nearly thrown in jail for missing the deadline on a traffic ticket
I dropped over a thousand dollars on my car that still runs like shit
My supervisor wound up pregnant despite having had her tubes tied and was replaced by a robot whose unrealistic expectations placed my job in jeopardy
I nearly foreclosed on my mortgage due to the State of Michigan randomly pulling out almost a thousand dollars for a 13 year old debt at the exact moment I was going to pay the mortgage
My one and only book signing was a total failure
My next supervisor was equally robotic and unrealistic and I discovered that her nickname is "Exit Interview."
I lost my job right before Christmas. Thankfully, I had an offer for a new job within 48 hours & have been hired for similar pay and benefits but at a much shittier place.
I went on Facebook one day and saw pictures of the former love of my life getting married
I searched very hard for a reason to live to see 2010 (reason still pending)

So needless to say 2010 could be even worse. All the things that took place in 2009 could deteriorate in the coming year or give birth to worse things. I put up a good act on Facebook but daily I am falling apart and I sincerely doubt that's going to change.

Happy fucking new year~

11 comments:

Blanche said...

I can NOT wait to say good bye to this year!!! Worst year of my life as well. Here's hoping 2010 will be better, or else I'm moving out of the country.

c nadeau said...

I'm coming with you!!!

Blanche said...

I really wish you would continue with this blog.

scribe said...

I am pretty conflicted, actually.

lccb81 said...

I would definetly miss it...

scribe said...

You??? I didn't think you were even reading it anymore!

Jess said...

Whoa. That's an extreme year you had. In a completely unsolicited fashion, I strongly recommend doing lots of kind things for yourself to help ease yourself out of the poo.

Having blown my kisses and promptly turned my back on the '09, I'm looking to the horizon. I've heard good things about 2010. All I can say is this - bring it baby.

scribe said...

thanks jessi.

Tim said...

"...ease yourself out of the poo."

Well said.

And I thought my 2009 was bad, but dayummmm.

Hang in there buddy, we're here for you.

scribe said...

thanks that means a helluva lot more than you might think.

Constant said...

Yeah I'm with you with ugly 2009 years. Let's have a better one! (Insert bad fortune cookie joke)