"The Master Debaters"
For a second, it appeared as though the first presidental debate of 2008 wouldn't happen. Due to outgoing George W. Bush's request for a summit to finally do something about the mortgage crisis he helped create through his "regulation bad" policies, John McClone seemed to think doing two things at once would stretch his meager intellect to the breaking point.
Barack Obama, on the other hand, said he was gonna show up whether Grampa did or not. This wouldn't have been McBush's first ducking out of a debate, but he wisely decided he better show up anyway. What resulted was one of the more telling examples of a superiority complex I have ever seen in presidential politics.
McCain spent the entire debate attacking Obama on his lack of experience, lording over him his own years spent pretending to be a reformer whilst playing the game so well he got rich for his troubles. Moderator Jim Lehrer found it difficult at first to get the two candiates to address each other directly, especially McCain who came out on the offensive and then spoke of the silly colored man as if he wasn't even in the room. Obama's obvious shock at McCain's claims turned the whole thing into more of an argument than a debate.
It was refreshing, in a way. After years of sanitized "town hall meeting" formats and "first you, then you" warm and fuzzies, it was nice to see a good old school no holds barred debate. It was even nicer to hear and see how easily McCain would mislead the American public if he were elected. he even tried to rework Obama's true claims that McCain considering anyone making less than five million per year by saying it all depended on Senator Obama's definiution of rich. That's it? That's all you got? The Clinton defense? It depends on what "is" meant? Let me put it painly then, Obi-Wan a-dumbfuck. Rich is anyone who makes more than six figures and has no worries financially.
When Obama accused McCain of having stated he sided with Bush 90% of the time he's been in office, the elder statesman replied with two or three examples where he kinda sorta pretty much disagreed and the torture issue which was the only time he seriosuly opposed the Bush administraton; and really, don't we all know why that was? Who is he kidding? This crazy old coot is still back in the POW camp, or at least part of him is.
McCain repeated silly phrases like "fundamental difference" when discussing his views on world affairs versus Obama's. With a facial expression that made him look like he'd sucked off an unbathed octegenarian, McCain kept claiming Obama didn't understand various situations in other countries. In fact, McCain was condescending as fuck, even going so far as to play the semantics game with his opponent by saying, again as if he wasn't in the room, "Senator Obama doesn't understand the difference between a tactic and strategy."
I wondered if McCain understands the difference between scuba pants and adult diapers, but there was no way for me to pass this on to Obama until after the debate had concluded.
Obama had his negative moments as well. He allowed himself to get flustered early on, mainly because he was stunned by McCain's lies. But so what? John kennedy once jumped on a table to kick the ass of the Soviet premier! Must our presidents all act like lilly-white choir boys?
The end result of this debate was the further convincing on my part of McCain's ineptitude. He is not only a piss poor debater, although nowhere near as lousy as Bush II, he is also a petty, spiteful little bitch of a man. Sorry if that's not high-level political commentary, but I call a punk-ass bitch what he is. Now that Amricans have seen McCain's true colors, I'm sure they'll all flock to Obama. Oh, and once that happens the planets will align and there will be peace in the Middle East.
Sadly, right wing pundits will be on the radio Monday morning claiming the crazy flight jockey won the debate because he was meaner. Experts seem to agree that McCain's only winning point was the passion he displayed which, to me, came across as psychotic intensity. If this debate changed any minds, it is those of the undecided, that sea of fools who still can't make up their minds between the old guard and something new.
*High point of the debate*
When McCain displayed the bracelet he obtained from the mother of a slain soldier in Iraq who he claims said, "Please don't let my son's sacrifice be in vain." (I think I saw that movie, too.)
Obama held up his arm and said, "I have a bracelet, too." His, he said, came from a mom who asked that he ensure no other mother has to endure what we she went through.
Can anyone say "deflated?" LOL!!! It sounded like a mighty blimp had been punctured!!!
Who the hell would vote that crazy old muppet???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So now we have to come up with the keywords for the Veep drinking game.
I personally hope Biden wipes the floor with Palin...
Has anyone noticed...the McCain Palin stickers if you look really quick look like.
McCain
Pain
LOL'n
LOL. i wish this post could be published in the times...or take that CNN!
are you getting psyched for the showdown between Miss Clueless and Biden? i know i am. z
After reading this I'm not even going to bother writing a summary of the debate on my blog.
Heck with it, I'll just link everyone here.
I totally agree with your assessment of the debate. McGeezer is definitely still orbiting some other world or POW camp or.... something.
I can't wait for the veep debate on Thursday next.
Palin doesn't stand a chance against Biden. They're going to have to scrape her butt off of the floor once the debate is over.
Can the American electorate be this stupid two elections in a row? I sure hope not.
Oh yes. We can't wait until Thursday here either!! :D
I didn't bother watching the debate. I knew I could come here and Scribester would tell it like it is!!
When McScrooge said he'd stop spending like Obama it's like he forgot the mortgage crisis is what caused the financial problem, not fixing an infrastructure, or helping citizens in need. Obama should have mentioned that McC's campaign manager, Rick davis, has been getting monthly checks of $145,000 from Freddie's Fannie up untill August 2008. His former campaign manager, Phil Gramm wrote the bill that deregulated creditors.
Plus, when I was 16 I was molesdted by John McCain and given drugs. He wears a codpiece to bed.
Wow. Choose a topical subject and they all come back!
Post a Comment