Thus, when I spake unto Roger Ebert, he did carry forth my list of movie commandments. But he was a bad, bad porker and threw them at the masses because they were too busy watching reality TV to hear my Word to Your Mother. I punished him with bad hair.
Now I have decided to unveil a list of questions that only the truly enlightened will answer correctly and ascend to the next plane of Scribeism, patent pending. I shall answer them the right away and then send it forth for the rest of you to ruin their sanctity.
Let us begin:
-BEST. MOVIE. EVER.- The Empire Strikes Back.
-WORST. MOVIE. EVER. – http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800029783/info saw this as a kid with my mom. We held each other afterwards due to the severe trauma and laughter.
-MOST DEPLORABLE GENRE- The sub-genre of horror known as “torture porn.” Exploitation of the audience and the actors at its worst and most repugnant.
-MOST VOMIT-INDUCING REMAKE-Father of the Bride. I would’ve chosen the second one since it is technically more nauseating, but it wasn’t a remake and had a few laughs.
-MOST BEARABLE AND/OR ENJOYABLE REMAKE- JOHN CARPENTER's "The Thing." More like the short story, less like the cheesey 1950's crap-a-thon.
-8 WORDS OR LESS: WHY DOES SATAN KEEP MAKING ROMANTIC COMEDIES? He enjoys watching men’s sacks shrivel up.
-BETTER ACTOR: ELVIS OR JESUS? Hard to say, they were both so good. But I think Elvis had more range and better hair. Pretty sure he got laid more, too.
-2 WORDS: THE ONE THING THAT TURNS YOU OFF OF A MOVIE/FILM? Keannu Reeves.
-DUMBEST IDEA FOR A MOVIE- Earth Girls are Easy. Young Gena Davis as a horny human and Jeff Goldblum and Damon Wayans as furry and friendly aliens who look human when they are shaved.
-BEST IDEA NOT FULLY REALIZED-Total Recall- a brilliant Phillip K. Dick short story is givne the bloated budget Arnold SchwarzeNAzi treatment and becomes mindless action at mid-point.
-BIGGEST GUILTY PLEASURE- Ishtar! Shut up! It’s a brilliant satire! Shut up!
-GREATEST CASTING CHOICE-Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones- it was almost Tom Selleck. I’ve seen the screen tests, people! I’VE SEEN THE SCREEN TESTS!!!
-BIGGEST MISCAST- There have been many, but John Wayne as Genghis Khan is still numero uno. Hearing him utter, “How goes the battle, my brother?” in his typical tough-guy drawl is worth the first ten minutes of the film.

(Just in case you thought I made it up)
BEST BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION- Tie: Fight Club & No Country for Old Men.
-WORST BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION- "The Shining" Jack Nicholson version. I'll catch flack for attacking this beloved descent into camp, but the book and this version of it have nothing in common.
-MOST INACCURATE HISTORICAL DEPICTION- Braveheart. There was so much artistic license taken in that movie I half-expected it to end on another planet surrounded by hyper-intelligent apes.
-MOST INEFFECTIVE SOUNDTRACK- Shallow Hal. The music pulls you out of the terrible screenplay and complete lack of laughs...hmm, maybe it didn't really make a difference.
-MOST EFFECTIVE SOUNDTRACK- Star Wars, bitch!!! What’choo thought? Greatest usage of brass in movie history. Before then, music was steady and rarely altered in movies, John Williams decided to take an operatic approach by giving the main characters their own themes and then interweaving them into the main score.
-MOST OFFENSIVE MOVIE EVER MADE- D.W. Griffith's "Birth of a Nation." See it for yourself.
-WOULD GOD/ALLAH/YAHWEH/BRAHMA/& EVEN BUDDHA APPROVE OF YOUR MOVIE COLLECTION? Yes, they would all be impressed by my massive selection of midget porn.
OK, your turn!!!

14 comments:
Interesting list....
Only Soundtrack I really liked...and that's the NIN fan in me..was "Lost Highway" never saw the movie but love the soundtrack..also from the movie "Singles" like that one too for a lot of good alternative sounds.
That's my two cents...
great list, I think I may tag this and do one myself.
I just noticed your blog roll. *snort* you crack me up.
Best book to movie adaptation-Shawshank Redemption.
I love lists. Mine and others.
I haven't heard of most of the movies on your list.
*puts paper bag over her head*
You shoulda oughta p-p-p-p-posted this on our movie b-b-b-blog!
wascally wabbit.
I will agree that Tom Selleck would have made a crappy Indiana Jones
and that the Star Wars soundtrack is the bestest most effective ever.
John Williams rules.
Worst movie ever made:
this one.
Bluez,
You're slowin' down but you is stillllll mah woman!
I completely overlooked Shawshank!!!
Green,
HOW DARE YOU??? ZARDOZ WAS BRILLIANT AND HAD T&A GALORE!!!
just because a movie has t & a galore doesn't make it brilliant.
my lasting impression of that film - Sean Connery running around in a diaper.
OMG! Sean Connery in a diaper!?!?! I may have to go rent that movie or buy it, just to see that! LOL!
d: really, there are better ways to spend your money than buying Zardoz. Even the estimable acting skill of Sir Sean was not enough to save that film.
LOL Green, thanks for the advice!
d: if you can rent it or borrow it from a library then do that - but don't say I didn't warn you.
I thought it was a great indicment of the Me Decade.
Post a Comment