Thursday, June 25, 2009

CELEBRITIES CAN DIE LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE???

Apparently so! Came as news to me, I don't mind telling you. I was asked by the ever-vigilant pop culture fanatic lccb to throw in my two cents about the sudden death of Michael Jackson. I don't really have an opinion, though.

Other than the initial shock, I felt nothing. I was never a fan of him, his music or his antics. However, since requests are few & far between around these parts lately, here it is in a nutshell:




SCRIBE'S TAKE ON THE RECENT CELEBRITY DEATHS (Excluding Ed McMahon)










This hideous, weird, alienating and possibly pedophoiliac fucker died, thereby upstaging the long-suffering














Farrah Fawcett. What should have been her final, deserved curtain call has now been eclipsed by the sudden demise of a faded pop culture icon.



But on the plus side,






Kim Kardashian is still alive and kickin' and fiiiiinnnnne as HELL!!!
So who gives a flying fuck? None of these people could hold a candle to Don Knotts & Harvey Korman anyway~

10 comments:

lccb81 said...

thank you. Though I thought maybe you would have something more interesting to say on the ridiculousness of people crying about this AND the stupidity of humans who still bow to MJ's title of "king of pop" even though he because such a caricature.

~AprilD said...

Thank you!! Everyone has to say something about it, and no one but you is saying the exact thing I'm thinking.

He sang a few songs. He made a few music videos. Beyond that, I doubt the masses actually knew the guy. And even then, I'm not so sure that the people who did are mourning the loss.

~AprilD said...

Oh and I completely agree that Farrah's battle was eclipsed by someone who probably OD'ed. (According to some reports leaking out now.)

scribe said...

Autumn, I love you and have a cookie for ya...it's in my pants. Come 'n get it! Wait, come back!

dutch said...

Ed McMahon? Eh, he sat on a couch and made some jokes, then gave some checks away. Farah Fawcett? Played a ditzy blonde on some TV show then faded into obscurity.

But Micheal Jackson? Now there's an entertainer. The guy has the highest selling record of all time in the US, gets accused of molesting a boy, then invites a camera crew into his house thats packed full of kids he probably molesting, has 2 kids of his own, dangles one of them over a balcony and it goes on and on...

Now THAT is entertaining. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. And after watching all that, you feel a little better about yourself. I bet McMahon never made millions of people fell better about themselves because they weren't a socially oblivious pedophile. Did he?

Tim said...

I wrote a bit on both Farrah and MJ over on my blog. These two deaths totally eclipsed my birthday post...

American Guy said...

of course, it's only a matter of time before the truth comes out:

Michael killed Farrah and then committed suicide in a fit of remorse.

You heard it here first.

~AprilD said...

LMAO. I didn't think I left...

COM'ERE COOKIE!!!! :D

scribe said...

YEAHHHH!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!




Now what?

c nadeau & t johnson said...

there are worse ways to go out assuming he wasn't murdered.