I am suffering a creative draught not unlike the one I went through back in he Nineties that prevented from writing anything new for almost three years. I don’t know where it came from and I don’t know how long it will last. What really sucks about it is that I’m supposed to be finishing a novella so a guy who is interested in adapting it for film can see how it all turns out.
This is the first thing I‘ve written in days. If it is garbage, forgive me. I have no topics or quips for you, only basic and dry description. Here are a few things that come to mind to write about:
- Wouldn’t it figure that my friend Dutch would come during the Swine Flu epidemic? Why does that matter? Oh, I dunno. Maybe because he lives in San Antonio, Ground Zero for the outbreak. Of course, Dutch wouldn’t be Dutch if he’d known anything about it upon his arrival to the Midwest. It wasn’t until he spoke with his family back in Texas that he started taking it seriously. So now, as much as I loved having him back, I have to keep an eye out for any symptoms for the next couple weeks while dealing with someone who’s OCD and germaphobia rival that of Howard Hughes.
- On the morning of Dutch’s departure back to Damnation Alley, I had two back-to-back doctor’s appointments. First up was the sleep disorder specialist who is convinced I have sleep apnea. Some time next month I am going for a sleep test. I went downstairs for a follow-up with my ENT who went over my x-rays with me. They looked pretty good, he said, until he looked inside my sinuses. Apparently I have a nose that is crooked and leaning to the left. My right sinus is practically deviated. “You’re going to need surgery,” he said. Next think I knew I was being rushed from place to place, bombarded with information about the operation and then scheduled for it a week and a half prior to my sleep test. He wants me to take a week off work which is not as easy as it sounds where I work so now I am stressing about that, too.
- Is there anything worse for a man than to be interested in a woman who one day turns out to be pregnant? I emphasize, “interested” because that’s as far as anything ever got. Don’t get me wrong; I harbor no delusions in my current situation. But it’s nice to imagine the possibilities, especially when the female in question seems reciprocal. It wouldn’t be my irony-laced life if she hadn’t wound up being seated next to me during the big seat move at work. Talk about awkward. The only saving grace is the positioning of our cubicles makes it so my back is to here at all times. I guess I should be used to this shit by now, shouldn’t I?
There ya have it. My first monthly recap in at least a year. I seem to remember Green liking these so hopefully I pleased someone. If this dry spell doesn’t go away soon, I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself. Writing is my coping mechanism. Without uit, I might have to check out Craig's List...
(Yep this was post 150)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Surgeons remind me of the cowboy duels from the old west. I just know somewhere there's a surgeon who goes into office visits with his hand poised over his carefully covered and concealed scalpel just waiting for the chance to whip it out and declare "Surgery!"
I don't know what's been going on with you, but knowing what I know about the medical field... I wouldn't have surgery unless my life is threatened or my quality of life is severely compromised... and that's after getting second opinions and exploring other options.
I hope whatever is ailing you isn't too serious! With that and all the other stress you have going on, no wonder you're not writing. Stop. Breath. Watch it rain. It'll come back.
I took the sleep tests for apnea and all that. It's weird sleeping in a strange room hooked up to all those sensors and having people watch you while you try and get comfortable to get to sleep.
If you do need surgery, I hope you have good health insurance.
Aside from swine flu concerns, did you have a good time when Dutch was visiting?
How about attempting to break your writers block with a few movie reviews?
It's always nice to imagine the possibilities, even if they only remain possibilities but especially when there's the outside potential for a relationship.
autumn,
Even the paperwork I was given advises me to get a second opinion. I have suffered from severe sinus headaches and infections since I was 17, often resulting in job loss due to the recurrence. I have known I needed surgery for eyars but the sleep test gave me hope that this was all caused by something else, my migraines in particular.
green,
Dutch and I had a great time, he drove to all his olds huants and took pictures like a tourist. But he took pictures of shitty sights like demolished buildings and graffiti. I will post the pics if he ever emails them to me.
As far as the movie reviews, those seem to be the hardest thing for me to write these days.
Now I see. Pain. Pain is bitch. It's like looking at the ugly cousin from the reunion ALL. THE. TIME. Only worse, because you have to...
Nevermind.
Anyway, my republican friend has posted another political rant on Arlen Specter's change of party. The best part is the in the comments... I'll post it all if it'll make you happy...
((Sympathetic hug for a quick ass grab))
I don't grab asses, I cup them. Is that ok?
Is perfect!
Post a Comment