There are times, rare perhaps, when a call starts off really normal and flows well until the very last moment. These are the calls that cause you to let your guard down and relax, to congratulate yourself on what a great job you’re doing. Sure you can tell the customer is a little off as far as normalcy, but his issue isn’t and you’re resolving it like a champion.
Somehow, in the back of your mind, you knew the final moments of this call were going to get really, really weird. Here’s how it unfolded with this male customer:
SCRIBE: Yeeeeeessssssssss?
CUSTOMER: Um, I need to go over my latest bill?
SCRIBE: OK, I’ll be glad to go over that bill with you. One moment while I pull that up on my screen.
CUSTOMER: Thank you. I just, I normally pay about 140.00 and this month it’s over 400!
SCRIBE: Wow. Well, let’s see what caused that sudden increase.
CUSTOMER: I’m pretty sure I know but when I saw 400 I freaked out. HAAA haaa haaa
SCRIBE: Understandable. That’s a 300-dollar jump.
CUSTOMER: Yeah! Haaa haaa haaa haaa I know haa haa haa haa I think it might be my colleague’s usage that caused it.
SCRIBE: (Yeah…”colleague”) Well it definitely is the second line on your account. You used a certain amount but he went well over that.
CUSTOMER: That’s what I figured. He has a winter job that has to call him all the time.
SCRIBE: (Wait. You just called him your colleague but his job is different?) I see. Well, I run into this all the time. Employees aren’t really too sympathetic to people with minute plans.
CUSTOMER: They could care less!
SCRIBE: Right. Do you this is going to be a trend as far as usage is concerned?
CUSTOMER: Probably. During the winter he gets a lot of calls. Is there a different plan we could go on?
SCRIBE: Absolutely. (Describes option) Pretty sure that would work for ya.
CUSTOMER: Ok, let’s do that. He’s going to continue to get those calls until the weather changes.
SCRIBE: No problem. I’ll go ahead and make the change and then see what we can do about those overages.
CUSTOMER: Oh, my god! That would be wonderful, whatever you can do!
SCRIBE: I can credit 50% of those overages for you.
CUSTOMER: Oh, my god! You’re the best! Thank you!
SCRIBE: …OK, I submitted the credit, that’s going to reduce your bill by 150.00
CUSTOMER: That’s great! You just saved me from another heart attack! Haaa ahaa haaa haaaa so I’ll just stay on the new plan until my usage goes down.
SCRIBE: That’s definitely what I would advise. Was there anything else I could do for you today?
CUSTOMER: …Well…is it free and enjoyable? HAAAA AHAAA HAAAAA AHAAA HAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAA AHAAAAAA
SCRIBE: …Um…
CUSTOMER: I’m sorry, I’m sorry…I just…HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!
SCRIBE: ...heh-heh…
CUSTOMER: HAAAAA AHAAA AHAAA AHAAA HAAAA AHAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA I didn’t think you were gonna laugh HAAAA HAAA HAAAAA
SCRIBE: (Chuckle…is this going to go on much longer?)
CUSTOMER: Haaa HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA Oh, man! I can’t…HAA HAAA HAAA HAAAA I think we have an understanding here HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAA
SCRIBE: (No. Just a crazy customer)
CUSTOMER: So…where are you located….HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAA Oh my God! HAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAAA
SCRIBE: In the ____ call center.
CUSTOMER: Really? We’re in the same state. But I’m in (small town) . Nothing much happening here HAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA you can probably tell HAAAA HAAA HAAAA AHAAAAAHHHHH AAAA HAAAAAAAAA and what was your name again?
SCRIBE: …Scribe…
CUSTOMER: Well, Scribe, if you're ever… HAAA HAAAAA HAAAA Oh my god oh my god! Ok, ok, I'm gonna stop now. HAA aha ha hee hee wooooo. A Thank you so much. HAAA AHAA HAAAAA AHAA HAAAAAA
SCRIBE: And thank you, have a great day.
CUSTOMER: You toooooooooooo HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAAA…
Some day I hope to receive a call I actually have to exaggerate to make weird.
Some day…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
LOL, are all your calls recorded for quality ccontrol?
You deserve a bonus for enduring that one!
Were they high?
Congrats Scribe! You've got a giggling admirer. Secret admirers are out, giggling admirers are all the rage these days.
the day you receive a "normal" call is the day the world will end.
Considering the volume of calls you probably handle on a daily basis, you could probably do a "call of the day" post every day.
madge,
yes they are. fuckers would probably find some fault with the handling of the call because it was out of sequence or something equally retarded.
lcc of b,
If only.
althea,
Dammit, you're supposed to keep ym updated on this crap BEFORE it happens to me!
green,
I knew you'd studied the 69 signs of the Scribepocalypse!
I've worked in call centers before, so I can generally relate to what you go through every day.
Welcome to the cuntry club...
lmao cuntry club
why didn't you just ask this person why they were laughing, thats what i would have done...
Sir? Sir? Whats so funny sir, why are you laughing like that?
I would've gotten written up for sarcasm...
if the call was listened to.
It is where I work. People have been put on final warnings for much less. "Sir, what are you laughing at?" would definitely get me in trouble. I know this because I once notated an acocunt about a customer who said he was going to Sprint by saying I had to hit the mute button to avoid laughing in his ear and if I hadn't been new I'd be beggin' for change right now.
Post a Comment