In case you don’t know, I regularly contribute to a movie review blog with my fellow online junkie Green. The frequency of our posting is pretty sporadic but we mostly have fun when we get around to reviewing something. I say "mostly" because sometimes Green’s comments are cruel and unusual and, frankly, pretty mean-spirited, in stark contrast to my light & fluffy, join-hands-and-sing prose.
The blog was my idea. I’d noticed Green posting weekly reviews of films on his own blog and I had done so quite a few times as well. On mine, I mean, not his. If I wrote them on his blog, I’d only review chick flicks and act like they were just so scrumptious and fabulous! Oh, wait. He basically does that now. Let’s move on, then.
The original intent of the blog was to challenge each other with movies and post our reviews once the other person had suffered through whatever helliish selection they could locate at their local library. I still haven’t forgiven him for Disney’s “Brother Bear” but I inadvertently got him back with “Apocalypse Now,” a movie every real man loves but Mr. Jennifer Anniston Film Collection over there hated. Still haven’t forgiven him for that, either.
Now we are one post away from our fiftieth, a milestone of grand, epic proportions on a par with losing a tooth or pumping one’s first tank of gas. And naturally Green, being the meticulous organizer he is, noticed this and asked me what we should do. He’s big on anniversaries and it seems the right thing to do.
The commentors haven’t exactly shown up in droves, by the way. Perhaps it is as Green says and our infrequent posting is the reason. Or perhaps Bluez is right when she criticizes out choices by saying we need to review newer films; advice I have heeded, by the way, as you will see in the coming months when I suggest a film. We’re hoping readership increases this year. There is no worse feeling to me than singing for an audience only to find out you’re doped up and strapped down in the county nuthouse, pissing into a tube and seeing naked Hobbits hanging from your ceiling. I’m sure Green can relate. I’m sure all of you can.
So, the idea factory is stumped. What should we do? Should we review something special? Should we do some type of recap post? Should we write essays on some topic in lieu of a film review? Or maybe there’s something neither of us has thought of…
Vultures, what do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I give you both 2 rotating DaBich sized thumbs up.
Review some Pacino movies. Then some Jeff Bridges movies. Do some Coen brothers stuff.
"...singing for an audience only to find out you’re doped up and strapped down in the county nuthouse, pissing into a tube and seeing naked Hobbits hanging from your ceiling."
allof it I can pretty much handle. but I draw the line when naked hobbits start hanging from my ceiling.
Hate it when that happens [shakes head in disgust.]
Rudester,
We reviewed te Big Lebowski a while back. But we're looking for something special for the fiftieth.
green,
We all do, man. We all do.
Try The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Hmm... word verification was xplativ
Ah you haven't lived until you have seen Rocky Horror Picture Show with active audience partcipation....
Done it...was a blast!
i have two ideas, one you both do a top ten list of favorite movies the second is that you both review a movie and then think of a situation similar to the movie plot/theme that happened in real life (you know life imitating art kinda thing)
O god not the fucking Rocky Whore Picture Show!!! Anything but that!!!
I like pris's idea because i can relate the classic Deep Throat to my experiences at seminary.
lol thats what im talkin' about! yeahhh!
Finally!!!
Post a Comment