That's right! If ever there was a larger dumping ground for has-beens and one-shot wonders, I don't wanna see it. There will be aging TV and movie stars from our childhoods, famous vehicles and some actual writers and artists! In the midst of it all will be me and some other people huckstering our books. Although mine isn't out yet, I will have cards bearing the cover and plot description for the fanboys and girls to throw in their bags of free shit and possibly glance at some other time.
I went last year to the unveiling of my colleague PS Ramsey's novel and it sold rather well considering the awful Michian ecomony and lackluster guest turn-out. I made lots of connections as well, some of them porn-related. I told the lengendary Seka she was like a magician with a vaginal wand.
PS Ramsey isn't all that comfy with selling herself so she actually wound up selling another author's books more than her own and even moved some of the comic books written by the members of the graphic illustrations company sharing our table.
After a while I grew bored and started following this chick around:

It may surprise you to learn that she enjoys lots & lots of attention! I know! I was all like, "Wow, this chick walks slowly from table to table, shakin' the back bacon, and she wants men to follow her around!?" Talk about mixed signals!!! She's a great hugger, by the way. I always knew Batgirl was soft in all the right places.
Those of you who clicked on the above link might have noticed this scary-lookin' motherfucker:

Robert Z'Dar - "Maniac Cop" from Maniac Cop
I too hope to one day have a terrible movie as my only claim to fame. There was an after party last year at a nearby hotel and this guy was walking around drunk off his creepy ass. Some table full of fanboys was pouring endless amounts of alcohol down his throat and he was growing more and more ornery as the night went on. At one point his face looked like it was going to implode. Rarely is an actor from a horror movie mroe horrifying in real life but Mr. Z'Dar wins the Creeped-Me-The-Fuck-Out award!
I have fond mammaries of that after-party. I met Lou Ferrigno there and shook his hand. Or, more accurately, his hand swallowed mine whole. But the best part was the dining experience:

The waiter was excellent!
Yep.
I'm cool~

5 comments:
Hey, it sounds like you're really getting the book going. The gig at the center should be fun, and you can PROMOTE the book. Don't be chasing azz all day ;)
Good luck!
Why can't I do both???
You are SO totally cool. And didn't I look spiffy in that bat girl costume? :P Though I'm more of a catwoman type myself.
I am laughing but also frowning because I wound up not going. More on that in a future post. :(
Awww..man, what the heck happened???
Post a Comment