CALL OF THE WEEK RETURNS!!!
Silly movements don’t die; they simply reorganize, dig in their heels, and harass people on their cell-phones. F’rinstance:
SCRIBE: What can I do for ye?
CUSTOMER: I was just wonderin’ if you guys charge to block phone numbers.
SCRIBE: No, we don’t. It’s a free service
CUSTOMER: Oh, great!
SCRIBE: Was there a number you needed to block today?
CUSTOMER: Yeah.
SCRIBE: Okay. You’re allowed to block up to five.
CUSTOMER: I only need to block one. It’s a solicitation call.
SCRIBE: Do you have that number right now?
CUSTOMER: (Checks his call history) I think I deleted it. Can I find it online?
SCRIBE: Absolutely.
CUSTOMER: Okay, I’ll do that and call back.
SCRIBE: Not a problem. Do you mind if I ask if this is a harassment issue?
CUSTOMER: Well, they’ve called me a few times but…not yet.
SCRIBE: Well, you do also have a legal option if it gets to that point.
CUSTOMER: Yeah, I know. Have you ever heard of the Promise Keepers?
SCRIBE: Yes!
CUSTOMER: That’s who’s callin’ me.
SCRIBE: REALLY?
CUSTOMER: I can’t believe they called and asked me for 100.00 and then hung up when I told ‘em no.
SCRIBE: The Promise Keepers hung up on you?
CUSTOMER: Yep. I don’t see how a Christian organization could do something like that. That’s not very Christian of them.
SCRIBE: I have to agree. (No, I don’t. That’s extremely Christian of them LOL!)
CUSTOMER: And they hung up. I wonder if they know there are people doing that.
SCRIBE: You bring up a good point; it could be someone running a scam.
CUSTOMER: That’s what I was thinkin’.
SCRIBE: But definitely call us when you get that number.
CUSTOMER: Yeah…they called me three times last week. I’ll wait and see if they keep calling.
SCRIBE: (What are you, a former member of Haven’s Gate? Block the fuckers!) Ok, anything else I can assist you with.
CUSTOMER: Nope, that’s it.
You know the economy is bad when the Promise Keepers have to resort to intimidation tactics to get theirs. So now instead of just intimidating women who don’t fit their narrow definition of femininity in the name of JAAAaaayyyyyyy-zuss, they’re going after people on their cell phones. Something smelled fishier than a French bordello with this one, though. I plan to look into it because I have that kind of free time.
First of all, how would a wackjob unit like the Promise Keepers have this guy’s cell phone number in the first place? Surely he gave it to them…unless he gives to some other Christian charity and that group passed on his phone number.
The investigation begins~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
They probl'y got their number from another org... That's what we do (we buy and rent lists - though we don't sell or rent our list out). Poor idiot. About 100 organizations have his name now.
I tend to side with the scam theory...
Probably is a little of both. His info was sold by whatever organization he gave it to who then can sell it to whomever. Who the heck knows if some scammers got it.
No matter what the organization, I never agree to donate money over the phone because usually it requires giving out a credit card number.
If I'm going to make a donation for something or to an organization, I'll thoroughly check it out first.
Post a Comment