Thursday, March 6, 2008

SPECIAL SNEAK PREVIEW

Life became a heist film the other night. It all started innocently enough. I took my new dog, a rescued Irish Setter named “Charlotte” (I didn’t name her) for a walk to see if we could get those mighty bowels movin’ Unfortunately, I chose the exact time that a horrible snowstorm had been predicted and wound up in the middle of a newly emerging tundra.

Still, Charlotte didn’t disappoint and in no time I was headed back to my house. Charlotte and I walked past a small car that was parked in front of the house where the kindly lezbos with the tiny yip-yap dog live. I’d seen the car going back and forth down the street ever so slowly for the better part of 30 minutes but now it was empty, implying that its occupant(s) had gone inside the house.

By the time we made it to my driveway, we were coated in snow and slush. Thinking nothing else about the car, I ushered her inside and closed and locked the door.

A few hours later, as the snow fell in giant wite sheets, my other “dog” Gizmo the Chihuahua started barking up his own storn. He and Charlotte apprarently alert each other to strange goings-on because she jumped up and went to investiage, at which point the two canines took turns barking at…something. I swore I saw a guy walking past a moving van and headed toward the now occupied house next door to me.



By the time I looked again he was gone. All I could think was, "Did that van just drop him off in the middle of the street to go home? That's pretty fucked up."



The dogs and I thought no more of it. I should have paid more attention. Within the next 90 minutes, what I had dismissed would turn into something out of a suspense film complete with violence, near misses, stuntwork and a harrowing police car chase involving a K-9 unit!

Stay tuned, vultures. This one's gonna take a few days to get right~

5 comments:

K~ said...

I'll let you finish with your story before I go into mine.
I'm sure you saw the news the other day...

Should I make the popcorn???

scribe said...

I don't watch the news so your story will probably be a surprise to me.

Tim said...

sounds like a good yarn is coming.

c nadeau & t johnson said...

And you shall have it!

DaBich said...

I'll bring the wine...