Tuesday, February 26, 2008

SCRIBE CUMS AGAIN!!!

So yo check it, pay attention & listen (isn’t that the same thing?)
Scribey’s back wit’ a brand new edition!!!

Yep, the old Organized Chaos is no more. Sadly, it had to be deleted on the spot. Not so sadly, most of what I wrote over the past 2 and a half years has been saved onto a gig drive with the exception of the stuff I wrote this year. But that’s OK, because that stuff sucked big fungal toe for the most part anyway.

Why did I delete my popular and long-standing blog, you ask? Well, in a case of life imitates paranoid thought process, the old blog was discovered by the last person that needed to know about it, namely EFB.

That’s right, she Googled me. It was my own fault, of course. In my initial naiveté during the setting up of the original Organized Chaos, I stupidly made my screen name the website name. What did I know? Back then it was little more than a lark that I never thought would last longer than a couple months. I should have foreseen this years ago but I was a victim of my own shortsightedness.

Having forgotten the vital lesson learned some years previous that I am not allowed to enjoy life for longer than the lifespan of a fly, I ignored my urges to change the website address until it was too late.

Fortunately for me, she was dumb enough to send a text message alerting me to the fact that she’d located my online profile. Fortune obviously favored the foolish that night because I happened to be sitting at a computer when the message came in to my phone. Without hesitation, I went into the blog settings and deleted the whole Goddam thing including another one that never really took off in popularity. She never got to read Organized Chaos, which is why I am still alive and fully functional in the nether regions today.

My Church of Scribe blog still remains, as it is harmless and to my recollection only referred to anything controversial once in the very beginning. Likewise my group blogs continue to thrive and sprout like weeds covered in sweet, sticky cow-shit.

So now I get to start all over again with none of my previous posts available for reference. And ya know what? It feels kinda good.

Although I miss my voluminous archives, I feel free to do something different. And although we all know I probably won’t do anything I haven’t done before, it sounded really good in my head.

So here I stand/in the shadow of the master plan/Makin’ love whenever I can…turn it up/turn it up/turn it up!

Five bucks if you can find out where I got that from!

If there’s anything I will miss, it is looking at that profile views counter and seeing it at pert near 8000. Now it will say things like “48” & “23” & god only knows how many of my lurkers will never read my work again. I suppose that’s where the vultures come in as they hopefully spread the word of my greatness to all those poor saps who have yet to hear of me, and for those lonely souls still seeking me out after my abrupt vanishing.

For those new to this blog, the vultures are my most devoted readers and contributors, people who have mostly been with me since the beginning and for some reason haven’t run screaming. I love these people as much as I love my nads. And I loves mah nads!!! They’re the only things that understand me.

More on my nads in an upcumming post.


In the meantime, this is where we shall now congregate, in secret and shivering like abused children in some Middle Ages village. An ignoble end, to be sure, but there is one positive thing to come out of this:

MY WRITER’S BLOCK IS GONE!!!


14 comments:

K~ said...

Hurray! LOL'n
Like many things can't keep you down and out my dearest.....

lccb81 said...

YAY! And we were just talking about this!!

Tim said...

Glad yer back scribe-o. Blogger wouldn't be the same without your irreverent-ness.

DaBich said...

Three cheers for the Scribster!

~AprilD said...

Thanks for the reinvention!

I was getting bored. :P

scribe said...

everybody feel free to link me but I have arranged it so that search engines won't pin me down as easily.

Anonymous said...

As one of your biggest fans, I had been making it a habit of copying all of your posts and saving them in my "scribe" folder...if you ever become famous they might be worth something one day!! whee hee!

I also suffer from acute paranoia but thats another story...

scribe said...

Lovely. There's always one LOL

I guess as long as you don't read my work while bathhing in your own excrement, it's all good.

Bathing in other peoples' excrement is perfectly acceptable.

Anonymous said...

Reading blogs is often not unlike bathing in other people's excrement...do you agree or disagree?

Tim said...

looks like scribe got hisself a blog stalker!

Anonymous said...

*Phew* I made it!!!

I had to take extra blood pressure meds when I realized your blog was gone.....Thank gawd yer back!!!

scribe said...

anon,

I don't know if reading blogs is like bathing in others' excrement, that might be a tad extreme even for me, but it can certainly be like unto masturbating with a cheese-grater...sligtly rewarding, but mostly just painful.

J said...

late again but glad i found you. i had to follow a bit of a trail to find you.

scribe said...

J,

STALKER!!! Why can't you be more like Anon!!!???