This is the only place I can post my inner most thoughts without feeling like those who don't need to see it will. I can't do it on Facebook or MySpace or even my writer's blog, so here it is:
This has been one of the worst years of my life. I am so fucking depressed there are days I can't even function beyond eating, shitting, and going to work where, for some reason, I go into survival mode as if nothing is wrong for eight hours.
I won't go into lengthy detail but suffice to say everything that could have gone wrong has. Even the publication of my novel has not been the bright spot it should have been. In fact, there's been a pervasive anti-climatic feeling to the whole thing, not to mention how I feel about the way the promotional side has been handled. Which is to say it hasn't.
Financially I just can't seem to catch up without some new shit showing up, including an out of the blue garnishment for a so-called debt from 13 years ago! I'm not even sure that's legal but it doesn't matter now because it was owed to the State of Michigan and they decided to take it all in one lump sum, leaving me a couple hundred bucks for the next two weeks.
Try as I might, and there's no "might" about it, I can't seem to completely get over things from the recent past. Moments and memories plague me when I'm alone and no amount of writing can fill the hole that was left in me seven years ago. I still see the only face that ever brought a smile to mine but I don't smile when I see it anymore. Why should I? Someone else gets that priviledge now.
I'm making bad decisions with even worse consequences and I can't seem to make anything work for any significant length of time. I'd like to say I tried caring about things but bullshit kept getting in the way.
Don't go all wonky on me, but I have actually considered cashing it all in. Yes, that's exactly what it means. But then I realize I've been there many times before and wasn't even able to do that! So fuck it. Here I am, stuck, fucked and without luck.
Please don't send me comments of positive affirmations 'cause I really don't need that shit. It doesn't do anything except make me shake my head and roll my eyes. I don't need text messages of concern or emails asking for details. There aren't I'm willing to give. I'm just venting and this is my final refuge.
Fuck it. Forget I said anything~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
sometimes venting is not only a good idea, but downright imperitaive.
Vent away, you'll face no judgement here.
What he said,(This is AG's better half!)sometimes he knows what he's talking about!
Scribbling in my journal and running was what got me through, when I wanted to cash it all in.
BTW, you're a fucking good writer!IG
Refrain From Typing....................I will find a way to haunt you on the otherside if that occurs..and will curse your name every day. There I said it.
Positive enough for ya? ;)
and btw--you do write well!!!
IG,
thanks for compliment. any wife of AG's is a wife of mine. It's funny, though. I wrote this in five minutes or so and just read it for the first time right before I posted this comment.
K,
There is no otherside so there.
Blanch,
LOL!
I just came by to see the url to buy your goddamn book.
And, and... I'll cry a vase full of tears above your resting place.
How could you do this me?
Where is a link to yourst bookst?
Help a mutha out!
www.com-publishing.com
Indeed. Vent away my friend. We're here for ya with whatever support ya need. With a few exceptions, of course.
um... there is indeed another side. Never give up thinking positively!
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing.
It seems I've been smart to keep my blog from eyes that I actually have to look at in real life.
So, I agree. Fuck life. Come on over to my blog and we'll comiserate together.
That reminds me of something that happened regaridng you on Facebook. Email me for the details.
Yeah
Post a Comment