Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Madge's Magical List

A break from the Batman stuff before a final word:

1) wildest thing done as a teen - I became so good at falsifying report cards with my partner-in-crime that I made my mom think my grades were higher than they were for two years of high school until I suddenly became an excellent student in 11th grade. We were such excellent forgers that we started forging other report cards from a box we "obtained" from the storage closet and spared many kids punishment and worse.

2) saddest moment - The moment I entered the nursing home my mom had been sent to after the hospital rushed her about before she could die on them & saw the paramedics getting back on the elevator with an empty stretcher. I knew I'd never see her alive again.

3) proudest moment - The day I saw my name on the cover of a book and realized it wasn't the result of my having kidnapped Stephen King or Chuck Pahlaniuk and forced them at knife-point to scribble my name over theirs on one of their novel- 'Cause, I think we all knew that was comin'.

4) scariest time in your life -When I thought I was gonna be a daddy with an ex-girlfriend who was the worst thing that could have ever happened to me.

5) most excited day of your life - I don't get excited, I get even.



6) best friend of your life - Also the love of my life. Her disregaring of me was my greatest life lesson: All that you love will one day vanish.

7) worst enemy of your life - He's dead now, popped in the head at point blank range during a robbery. I DIDN'T DO IT!!! I wanted to, but some goddam thug got to him first. Insensitive prick! I SAW HIM FIRST!!!
(I can only joke about this horrible tragedy 'cause he was pure evil and because the Bible says it's OK to mock a violent death if you hated the person's rotten guts)

8) favorite pet of your life - My black lab, "Jet." I got her th eday my dad died so she always symbolized some type of rebirth to me and she seemed to know me intrinsically. And man was she good in the sack!!!

6 comments:

lccb81 said...

What an interesting mixture of funny and serious you... I sometimes think you try to hard to be a cynic.

lccb81 said...

did I say to? I meant too!! English is my second language. Stop laughing at me!!!

Anonymous said...

He doesn't have to try and be a cynic, he IS a cynic. Isn't that why we come here?

:-)

DaBich said...

What Bluez said!

Good job Scribey :)

lccb81 said...

Mmmm... I think try is better. There is a hopefulness that has not yet died in him. He just doesn't let it come out to play very often... and that's how things die.

(Look at me being all metaphorical-like!)

scribe said...

What is this, Scribe's psychoanalysis hour???



Hmmm. Not a bad idea at all!