Monday, July 7, 2008

And now stay tuned for something like a poem...

(Photo & Words by Scribe)




Was it you?
It couldn’t have been.
It looked like you.
It couldn’t have been.
I didn’t believe it at first.
I went past you so many times,
So many times it must have looked,
Like I was stalking you.

I was shocked,
Frightened, perhaps,
Unwilling to accept what I was seeing.
WHO I was seeing.

I felt instant recognition,
Did you?
I couldn’t tell.
There seemed to be something there,
But you were so far gone,
In some world all your own.


Your eyes were filled,
With insanity.
I remembered that look,
The barest hint of,
Things to come.

I watched you,
Saddened & disgusted,
The desperation flashing like a beacon,
To your empty soul.
What were you seeking?
What did you think you needed?

What happened to you?

Was it you?
Yes, it was.
I wish it hadn’t been.
I brought what I saw back with me,
And now it won’t go away~

12 comments:

K~ said...

...two snaps up....btw I think we took almost the same picture of that rainbow.
I could see this as a folk song.

Anonymous said...

I thought Rudy was in Colorado?

:-)

Actually its a very good poem!

c nadeau & t johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c nadeau & t johnson said...

Rudy may be in Colorado buy he is always in my heart.

DaBich said...

Have you submitted this for publication anywhere? It's simply great.

~AprilD said...

"I brought what I saw back with me,
And now it won’t go away~"

Sounds like baggage to me. And if there's one thing everyone has (in addition to lungs) it's baggage.

Great poem scribey!!

scribe said...

Madge,

Aww, you're just sayin' dat.

autumn,

Nah, not baggage, more like sadness and gratitude.

Anonymous said...

sadness and graditute can be misconstrued as baggage....

how profound was that?

scribe said...

Not very- get nekkid and prep for spankin'

Anonymous said...

only if you call me charlie

scribe said...

Again???

Constant said...

lol oh my! now i've forgotten what I was going to say about the poem! LOL